Should I Stay or Should I Go?

So, for the past few years I’ve been struggling with something. Moving.
Let me back up for a minute though…

A few years ago, during a family vacation, I decided I was going to pack up and move to Arizona. No more of this going back and forth to visit it several times a year business, I want to live there full time, all the time. Easier said than done, obviously.
For starters, my job at the time paid me very little money for maximum amount of work, even 30 extra hours of over time barely put me at a little over a thousand dollars a paycheck. If I lived rent free and had no bills and saved every cent I made, sure, I could move in a snap but such is not the case.
It also doesn’t help that I’m not single, my boyfriend loves Arizona but he loves where we live even more. I suspect it’s because he grew up here and all his friends and family are here and whilst my friends and family are also here I still can’t shake the urge. I need to move and travel and experience, there is so much richness in travel.
On a trip he and I had last year, we made a deal…one more year in California and then we would move to Arizona. That year came and went and I’m currently writing to you from my office in our adorable little rental home…in California. There are a plethora of reasons why we didn’t move but the longer we wait, the more restless I become.

At the start of August, I stumbled upon an Instagram user (Dev), Mystic Moons Tarot, who was offering free readings for the entire month! Who does that?! But she seemed so genuine and gifted in her posts that I figured, why the hell not…and I wrote to her. I asked her about moving and a few days later, I had my answer. Here is what she said to me:
3 of Swords and High Flying, it’s time to break bonds and leave any pain, discontent, betrayal and hurt in your dust. Now is the time to find what you’ve been looking for all along and just set out for yourself. You’ve been in a challenge time of your life for awhile now and feelings are starting to become exhausted and misplaced. Trust that this transition IS the best thing for you and right now is the best time to ‘make it happen’. Remember that life is if nothing but a cycle and you are simply allowing the 'worst’ to get to you now. Step out of the negative, let go of what no longer serves you and find joy in something small. Little by little these small things will lead to bigger and greater things and soon all this tension and stress will fall away to nothing but a mere past memory..remember your greatness and remember YOU are always greater than the things that try to consume you..

There isn’t a better time then now to be in a creative zone and get things done. Your riding high and feeling great (and if you aren’t literally this second then you will be very soon). Be like the fish in 'Finding Nemo’, “…the sun is shining, the tank is clean!” You’ve surely started allowing a balance between your head and heart and the result is fantastic. Now your vibes are actively lifted and your not stopping anytime soon - momentum is building and your goal is in sight. Don’t have a goal yet? Well you’d better make one! The next 30 days are an amazingly active time to for you to 'just do it’ and do you shall! It’s as if you can feel the Universe doing a happy dance - perhaps you should too! Keep record or note of how you perhaps got here. Remember the tools and tricks that led you to this moment of success..perhaps you did something in your physical life different? Maybe emotionally you 'checked’ yourself and became more in tune, or perhaps you kept the faith and gave into your spiritual life; giving things the attention they deserve allowed for success now and for in the future.
Knowing the qualities of your thoughts, how to move out of funks and keeping account of what inspires you big and small will not only keep your heart flying but your spirits soaring. Stay motivated, keep the fire alive. Keep yourself 'in the game’.


I think your best bet by the direction the cards are giving me is that you need to step it up and step it forward. A move seems necessary to find fulfillment in more than one area in your life. What is scary now is the 1st step, and it always is. Consider yourself like a child learning to walk for the first time. You still have your 'sea legs’ right now, your wobbly and a little worried. This is a change, a big change. It’s good to have a little bit of fear and anxiety, let it fuel you to make the next step, the right step for YOU. By providing for yourself and your future you’ll be able to help so many more. I would say move - move sooner rather than later. Get your details in order and then with enough hunger and drive, make it happen. Success for you is not a short lived thing and you thrive off passion. Get your passion 'straight’ you’ll feel more 'in control’ of your life.. you got this!! 

A disclaimer at the start of her email states that she is not a mind reader but boy did I feel like she was reading mine. I didn’t give her any kind of super specific clues in my question, or spill any beans on what the trouble actually was…my question, put quite simply, was should I stay or should I go?
Now it’s time to let the universe do what the universe does when you put out your intention and ask for guidance. You roll with the punches, whatever they may be. I had felt so torn before and not entirely sure that I was ready. I’m ready and more resolute and determined than ever.

This was not my first foray into tarot readings or mysticism and I always love the experience even when what the person is telling me doesn’t always make sense or seem to be applicable to my life at the time. This however was a genuinely amazing experience because it was remote. I wasn’t sitting in front of her, or speaking with her on the phone, she wasn’t present in that little Skype box on my computer…this exchange was done completely through email. That was crazy to me!

I’d like to know if any of you have had great (or not so great) experiences with a tarot reader, or psychic, or any other kind of medium be it a remote reading or in person! Have any of you made a long distance move before?
Xo,
-J
*Note, if you would like the link to Dev’s shop, you can find that here.

Comments

  1. I randomly stumbled upon your page and this post really caught my attention. First I would like to start off by saying that I admire your writing style. I can actually feel your emotions through your words. With that being said, this post left me with an empty and sad feeling. You seem like you are extremely unhappy with your current situation and you feel “stuck.” You feel stuck because you are living with a man who gives you false hope and you feel attached to him, you situation, and the lifestyle you live now. However, your gut feeling is telling you that the life you are living is not the life that you want. The life that you want is in Arizona. Your readings are telling you the same exact thing. I have a question for you: What exactly is holding you back? If the only answer you can give yourself is attachment then that is not a good enough answer and you need to let go. You need to do what makes YOU happy. Don’t live for anyone but for yourself because that’s what everyone else is doing. I don’t know you but you seem like a nice person who knows her potential. So, set yourself free, spread your wings, and live the life you always dreamed of living. I know its easier said than done but if you are posting about your unhappiness then you are not happy. Its easy to make excuses but remember when you do that the feeling of emptiness will soon come back.

    I don’t want to keep blabbing and I might be completely wrong about your situation but it made me remember when I was in a similar situation. Let me share with you as briefly as I can.

    A few years ago, I was with a boy. I thought I was SO lucky to be with this guy because he was the “cool guy” that EVERYONE wanted to be with. Well guess what I got that guy. At first, I felt like the coolest luckiest girl ever but that was definitely not the case. This guy ended up isolating me from my friends and started to abuse me. Two years later I got pregnant and he made get an abortion. He took me to a beat up abortion clinic in the middle of nowhere. The facility was dirty and I wasn’t even sure if anything they used on me was even clean. They didn’t properly medicate me and I literally lost my mind from the pain and agony caused by the abortion. I cant explain to you the pain I went through. There are no words. The only thing I can tell you was that I was screaming at the top of my lungs for hours. My bf at the time didn’t do anything for me. He was just happy a baby wasn’t coming along.

    That was the moment I knew I had to let go of the unhappy life I was living and live the life I wanted to live.

    The moral of this story is this: Don’t let something traumatic or extremely horrible happen to you for you to make the decision to be happy and to live the life that you want.

    I believe you will make the right choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there,
      Thank you so much for commenting and sharing your story. Even sharing anonymously is a brave thing to do, you're still putting yourself out there for others.
      Your story made me sad, no one should have to go through that, ever. Especially when it's between you and someone you love and trust.
      I hope that you're well and happy and that letting go of what didn't serve you and wasn't good for you really opened doors of opportunity for you. I'd like to hear about that too :)
      I could make excuses about why I'm still here, but it really only comes down to money and my fear of not having any, so I save as much as possible and when the time is right, with or without my boyfriend, I will go. It's a sad thought, I do love him and of course I'd rather him come with me than to go without him but, you know, if it's meant to be then it will be. I suppose my sadness comes from that realization more so than the idea of being alone. That part doesn't bother me, being alone isn't a bad thing.
      Thank you again for sharing your experience and for your kind words :)

      xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts