the Wild Unknown



This deck.. what can I say about it? I remember seeing it for the first time and thinking “i MUST have this deck!”, it's absolutely gorgeous.

I had the worst time trying to find it in a store, everywhere was out of stock. I'd never ordered a deck online before and at first I was hesitant, but as the weeks went by I found myself looking at it every chance I got. So I took the plunge and I purchased it.


The day they arrived I was ecstatic, I ripped open the box and read the meanings from the little sheet that came with the deck. They felt so good in my hands. I studied the pictures and I did a few readings on myself.
I came to find that this deck...is not really for me.
As much as I love it and wish that I had made a connection with it, it didn't happen the way it did with the Ladies


This deck strong armed me for months, it mocked me. I nearly gave it away to a friend in whose hands they seemed so capable. But I knew...i knew it would take some time, and patience, and trust...like trying to get close to a wild animal.
So a year later, here we are..only a few steps further in our relationship but she's finally warmed to me and is always very honest. She is my learning deck, the one that I'm studying and practicing traditional methods with. 



We don't always have the same ideas of how a session should go, she and I, but we are working so much better together now. I'm excited to see how things progress.

Who else out there owns this deck?
Have you ever bought a deck online without first handling it? What are your thoughts?

Comments

Popular Posts